Friday, May 18, 2012

Question for Knitters/Crocheters

So here's a list of questions I saw posted on the CanaryKnits group discussion board on Ravelry which I thought were interesting to see responses too. Feel free to contribute here with your answers to the questions.

1. Are you always happy with your FO’s?
Mostly yes. Sometimes I might be disappointed but when I wear the FO, I realise that it wasn’t so bad after all! Sometimes I realise that the style of the FO is not for me so I won’t be as happy and I don’t know what to do with them.

2. Are you sometimes so disappointed that you frog everything and start a new project?
I never frog FOs or ones close to completion.

3. Do you wear your knits or do they end up at the bottom of a cupboard? If so, why?
I wear the ones I like and I don’t wear the ones that didn’t turn out as I hoped. Most knits that I give away tend to be things I intended to give away right from the beginning (before I start the knit) so things which I am disappointed in just languish rather than get given away after they are completed.

4. Do you always make a swatch?
Depends what I am knitting and for who. If it is a shawl, I don’t bother so much, especially if it’s a garter tab start since, if I don’t like the fabric, I can just rip it out and restart and it would be about the same effort as a swatch. If it is for someone else, I tend to be a bit more fussy with the swatching and making sure the fabric is ok for the yarn. I tend to swatch for fitted garments but I don’t wash the swatch or cast off, I just rip it out and knit with it when I’m happy.

5. Would you rather work with some yarns you know well rather than others to avoid bad surprises?
No, I knit with all different yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment